About the Author
do big cats, the practice of pharmacy, philosophy, and writing
have in common? One person: Simba Wiltz. He was awarded a Doctor
of Pharmacy degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel
Hill in 2004, but not before publishing his first book while still
in college and engaging the challenging world of big cats. Since
taking up residence in Orlando, FL, he has continued to span the
divide; publishing professional articles on a national stage,
while delving deeper into the politically and emotionally
challenging world of tigers, lions, leopards, and cougars. His
'off-time' interests include fitness, philosophy, and writing.
Profile in brief
- Played organized football for 13
years, culminating at the University of North Carolina.
- Became an Eagle Scout in 1997 after
almost 10 years of Scouting.
- Earned an International Baccalaureate
Diploma in 1998.
- Morehead Scholar, 1998- 2002.
- Graduated North Carolina Outward
Bound's 23 day multi-element course, 1998.
- Teacher of Summerbridge at Riverdale,
Bronx, NY, 1999
- Writer and Performer of Cutting Room
Mission for NPR's Intern Edition, 2000.
- Member of the American Pharmacists
Association (APhA), American Society of Health Systems
Pharmacists (2000-2004), Carolina Dining Board of
Directors(1999-2003), Carolina Association of Pharmacy
Students(2000-2004), Student National Pharmaceutical
Association(2002-2004), and National Collegiate Scholars.
- Founding member, Online editor, and
Writer for UNC's humor periodical BoUNCe Magazine, 2000-2002.
- First novel publication, MainFrame-
Beginnings at age 21.
- Doctor of Pharmacy from University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2004
- Handler/Volunteer at Thunderhawk Big
Cat Rescue in FL 2002-2007.
- Senior Vice President, Central Florida
Animal Reserve 2007-present.
- APhA's Transitions Editorial
- Always more than meets the eye.